FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2017 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:46 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Schwann
Just landed this morning from HKG on CX. My onward flight on BA from LHR-GOT was cancelled... so I gave up, got my luggage and went home as I was due to fly back to London tomorrow morning on another airline to end my ex-EU.

As it was all ticketed via CX, I rang them and asked them to refund whatever can be salvaged for the BA LHR-GOT portion of the ticket, and they are refusing to refund anything - not even taxes. They're only offering me rebooking, which doesn't really work.

I shall try again in a bit, but to be sure.. tHow would I calculate what is owed? FWIW my fare calculation is below.

Edit: As far as I can see, I would be due BA YQ of £21.50 (only one leg flown, so half of £43), and about £20 in passenger service charges, plus whatever CX works out to be the fare for the BA part of the leg.
FWIW, I had a look at the length of LHR-GOT as part of your SIN-HKG-LHR-GOT journey. The total length is 8,247 miles, of which LHR-GOT is 665 miles or 8%.

So if it were done on a blunt pro-rata basis of the total paid, that would be 8% of 50% of £661.51 = £26.46.

Obviously, any calculation ought to be more sophisticated than that. As an alternative, using today's figures the difference in TFC between GOT-LHR-HKG-SIN-HKG-LHR-GOT and GOT-LHR-HKG-SIN-HKG-LHR is £36.11. 8% of 50% of the fare paid is £18.04. Adding those two would get you £54.15.