FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:05 am
SunshineStay

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, you can. That's one of the ways if arriving in non-Schengen B and connecting to A as I often do. If coming from non-Schengen B you turn sharp left before going completely landside but you join the same queue as passengers entering from the public area. I don't think a scanner can tell if your flight is departing from a Schengen B or A gate and you can walk through the tunnel to A without further security.
OK, thanks. Do I need to go through passport control in any case or can I avoid that and go through the tunnel near B16 right after security control?

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Is the overflow queue you refer to between some shops? I saw it earlier in the year but didn't use it because I couldn't tell how long the queue might be inside. It looked like a temporary arrangement when the usual security queue for A is very long (and it was!).
Yes, that is the one between the shops. It was a regular security control once and they still retain the installations. At full capacity it has three security lanes. I would estimate that from the point between the shops where you need to scan your boarding pass it would be a 10-15 minute wait if all three security lines are operating. You come out directly next to gate A1. I find it convenient because it is normally much faster than the normal security control for the A terminal.