FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:12 am
hodinata

[QUOTE=Eujeanie;29159344]
Originally Posted by hodinata
I did a point pooling few weeks ago from my spouse account to my account. We are both gold from credit card and have some points from sign on bonuses.. Yesterday, my spouse received an email from Hilton Honors informing her that Hilton Honors suspecting her account was hacked from the point pooling transaction and reverse the transaction and gave her new HHonors account number. I found out my account was closed after calling HHonors customer service and was instructed to email their fraud department. Below is the email that I received from their fraud department today. Not sure why points pooling between spouse violate the T&Cs as clearly points pooling between family member is allowed in the T&Cs. Beware!!!

How long have you each been Honors members? Do you mean from the above that you have had no paid stays at a Hilton property at all? Just points from the credit cards? Have you redeemed any of those points for free stays?

I've transferred points from my account into my husband's twice in the last couple of months with no issues at all, but we have pretty frequent Hilton stays.
I had one paid stays back in 2015 and 2 points stay since then. Nothing else. Point pooling was initiated on Oct 8th.

Last edited by hodinata; Dec 11, 2017 at 6:19 am Reason: Add more information.