FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:57 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SunshineStay
This morning, the security lines before terminal A were very long, but in terminal B they were pretty short. So I asked one of the employees at the beginning of the B security line, whether I could freely walk from Schengen B to Schengen A and he said no. The FRA Airport app said it was possible through a tunnel and this thread seems to concur with the FRA Airport app.

I didn't want to risk it and miss my flight, so I went back to the overflow queue between terminals A and B. But for future travels, can somebody confirm, that you can go through B security and then walk over to A without another security check?
Yes, you can. That's one of the ways if arriving in non-Schengen B and connecting to A as I often do. If coming from non-Schengen B you turn sharp left before going completely landside but you join the same queue as passengers entering from the public area. I don't think a scanner can tell if your flight is departing from a Schengen B or A gate and you can walk through the tunnel to A without further security.

Is the overflow queue you refer to between some shops? I saw it earlier in the year but didn't use it because I couldn't tell how long the queue might be inside. It looked like a temporary arrangement when the usual security queue for A is very long (and it was!).

I didn't take a photo of the actual entrance but it was next to this shop.