FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New food in Plus (737): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:58 pm
Arthurrs

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Clipper801
I assume that it was a morning flight from Ontario to YYC based on our comments about (not) having to get up at 6:10am to do the PLUS upgrade because of your Gold status.
Yep, the pre-dawn 6:00 am flight!

So those in PLUS may choose any other meal items if they do not like the "superfood bowl", or it was simply a function of your Gold status?
They were offering the choice to other people seated in plus that certainly didn't seem to be Gold members (parent with two young kids).

I am flying YYZ-YVR in PLUS later this month. The flight will depart at 6pm, so a "dinner" flight. The "Chopped Leaf Chicken Sandwich" is available for pre-order at $9.49. If I shall be able to select one of the Chopped Leaf items if I do not like the "superfood bowl", I shall not need to pre-order.
That's a good question. For my late morning flight back home yesterday, the choices in Plus were the power "bowl" or the Bistro Box, but nothing else from the economy menu. I didn't feel "healthy" enough, so I chose the Bistro Box, which is kinda like the previously available cheese tray. I did request a can of regular pringles, the flight attendant did mention that's not normally available for plus meals, but she honoured my request. Maybe because I was super nice as usual, or maybe my Gold status, I dunno. I had two glasses of Merlot to wash it all down, very nice!