Old Dec 10, 17, 1:13 pm
Andrew_G

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oman Air Sindbad Gold, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire
AF and KL are currently using the recently-opened 1903 lounge at Manchester T3 (instead of the Escape lounge) for a two-month trial. This lounge does not admit children or large groups (more than four people).

Location : airside, turn left at the top of the stairs or lift
Opening Hours : Weekdays 4.15am - 8.30pm
Saturday 4.15am - 7.30pm
Sunday 4.15am - 8.30pm
Christmas Day: Closed

Entry requirements : usual AF/KL requirements. Possibility of a paid access for GBP40, discounts available through (for example) Groupon.
Food offer : I was only there for breakfast. Cooked breakfast includes bacon, sausage, baked beans, hash browns, tomato. Eggs (scrambled or omelette) cooked to order. Plus croissants, pastries, cereals etc.
Drinks offer : Spirits (Jack Daniel's Tennessee, Jameson's, Famous Grouse, Glenfiddich 12 year old, Bailey's, Di Saronno Amaretto, Tanqueray Export gin, Manchester Pink Gin, Manchester Gin, Captain Morgan White, Captain Morgan Spiced, Courvoisier VS, Absolut Swedish Vodka)
Beers (Manchester Pale Ale, Birra Moretti, Magners Original, The Governor, Guinness, Seasonal Beers)
Wines: The Bulletin White Zinfandel, Prosecco Borgo Alato, Soprano Pavia Pinot Grigio IGP, Beyond the River Australia Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc Santa Helena, Los Haroldos Viognier, Los Haroldos Malbec, Azabache Rioja Tempranillo, McGuigan Black Label South Eastern Australia Merlot, Santa Helena Cabernet Sauvignon, Baron Philippe de Rothschild Vin de Pays d'Oc Pinot Noir
Soft Drinks: Fever Tree Tonic Water, Fever Tree Light Tonic Water, Fever Tree Soda Water, Fever Tree Ginger Ale, Fever Tree Lemonade, Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Water (Still or Sparkling), A selection of Hartidges cordials, Schweppes Tomato Juice
Coffees (ordered from an iPad), Teas

Services
Wifi: yes (own network, works well)
Showers: no
Toilets: yes
Quiet zone: no
Loungers/sleep area: : several sofas and comfy chairs. It's quite "loungey".
Business area: no
Spa: no
TV area: no
Passengers are called: no
Information screen: yes
Newspapers: yes, Selection now includes some French and Dutch publications.

Other information
Number of seats: about 80
Level of noise: low
Design: I couldn't take any pictures, but several are easily available elsewhere
View: there are windows and a good view of the apron
Multi floors: no
Terrace: no
Smoking area: no
Direct boarding: no

Summary: I was always fine with the Escape lounge, but overall,the 1903 lounge is an improvement on the T3 Escape lounge, which could get very busy. I hope they keep it after the two-month trial. Not sure what you do if you have children with you. I guess that most passengers in MAN won't be connecting so they won't stay long in the lounge. But any lounge at all is better that the zoo that Manchester T3 can be.

Last edited by Andrew_G; Dec 10, 17 at 1:48 pm