FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Hong Kong IHG hotel to stay at?
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:18 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by FFlash
Not too many recent experiences here what I can read through in this thread. I wonder which IHG would suit me best for a 1-night stay, newbie in HK never been there and only flying through, landing saturday morning at 7-ish and leaving next morning 9am. I only need a bed to get some rest, otherwise I will make a first peek in the city I don't know where.
So my objective of the hotel is: CHEAP (using IHG points then preferably, and hoping I could utilize the new Spire perk of early morning check-in) and easy to connect back to the airport next morning. No breakfast, no frills, no bennies needed, i.e. a lousy HI will do.
What's the advice then?
CHEAP is not a word in Hong Kong hotels - the cheapest points redemption would be CP Kowloon East 25k/night AFAIK - it's far away from the main part of Hong Kong but there's a bus that takes you to and from the airport - it's located closed to a metro station and a mall, there are several HIXs at around the same price - there's a chance you can get your bed early at an HIX if they have rooms available. If you want somewhere in "town" and cheap then the new HIX Kowloon will be the one.