FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:41 pm
xenole

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Well, survived the sleep pod.

Flight seemed to have a load of Brits on it judging by the voices I heard.
Some icy bits on the tarmac and my foot slipped on some shortly after leaving the plane (which probably had my roughest landing to date- more sliding and angled rather than bumpy).

Think I broke the pod as I didn't realise the red buttons opened and closed the lid. Thought they were lights or something but they move the lid back and forth.
Did manage to realign it easily.

Maybe 4 announcements overnight in 2 languages saying to keep an eye on your stuff.
Some Brits playing ping pong or something at first, and another Brit lost her passport between HEL and TLL so she was reporting it to security.
Apart from that, not much after the first hour. No cleaning going on etc.

Little bit hard but comfy enough.
Got chillier as the night went on.
Lights don't get turned off so some light comes through the holes in the lid but nowhere near aircraft cabin brightness levels in there.
Did sit on the foot rest and it drops and the top half pops up.
The middle bit under which you put your bag, makes quite a thud if you drop it!
Set my phone alarm just in case but as with BA seats, you could drop your phone through gaps, but easy to retrieve by the look of things as not too me mechanical.

Few people around even I emerged at 4:22am and the other 3 pods were unoccupied at that time.
Pod near other window was occupied before I took mine and security checked his onward boarding pass but not mine.

Overall, it does the job. I'm not the best sleeper as even in most hotels I find it hard to sleep, so can't say the pod did or didn't fulfil its role, but it saved up to £100 for a hotel for 3-4hrs which isn't worth it to me.

There's gym equipment at gate 6 now. Used or just for the sponsor?

Added: TP and Avios posted corrected 2 days after each set of flights.

Last edited by xenole; Dec 12, 2017 at 1:58 am