FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:57 am
mikesyr18

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Anyone else see a banner in their mobile app about a "free upgrade" to Citigold? It came up twice this week, but no details on what the offer is or why it's free. I'm a Citi Priority member and temporarily have $100+k in my accounts (being transferred elsewhere), but that's still less than the $200k requirement...
Probably just one of those stupid things Citi does. Like when they want me to call in to activate Apple Pay and then give me the run around about how they can't verify my phone number, but Android Pay is a whole different story that doesn't even require any security hoops to activate.

In my many years with Citi, I've learned: 1) Their CC front line reps don't know anything. 2) Their website is ugly and stinks. 3) They pretend to offer WEMC's but don't actually offer any of the benefits to it.