FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:52 am
hyperzulu

Originally Posted by jonjparr
This is going to get slightly off topic but as a parent you do whatever you need to do to protect your children. If there's even the slightest of risks that they will be born with devastating and life changing defects and it's within your control to remove that risk then you do. A trip to the Maldives to spend some Hilton points kind of pales into insignificance when you consider what could happen. I'm a new Dad (my daughter is 2) and it's amazing how your outlook changes when you realise that you're completely responsible for the well being of a little person. It's a steep learning curve and one I'm still adjusting to but their best interests have to come first every time. In the first year of having our daughter we cut back our long haul travel but thankfully there's still lovely easy to reach places like the Cote d'Azur that we were able to go to instead. Since turning 1 she has done a huge amount of travel with us and loves every second of it but I'm still glad that we put her interests first whilst my wife was pregnant. Whatever you choose to do becoming a parent is incredible and your life changes in the most amazing way imaginable.
I agree it's not really a topic to go into great detail on this thread. Congrats to you and your wife though!