FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:53 am
IrishStephen

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Just off the phone from Qatar in Poland. I had a First ticket ex CAI to BKK and was told when all this kicked off to "park" the ticket and I could use it when either the route was reinstated or fly from a nearby airport. Called today and asked to fly from AMM and was told after going through all the flight selection that the policy had changed and that the only option was a refund. I argued the case that in my notes on their side that it was agreed I could move the airport and the agent agreed with this but said the Supervisor was clear that the only option was a refund. Eventually got through to the supervisor who wouldn't budge and told me to contact customer care. We chatted a bit more and they agreed to contact Qatar HQ as I was promised the reroute and its noted. I won't hold my breath....

I have to say however the agent and the supervisor were lovely and I can't fault them. They agreed it was unfair but had strict guidelines.

Last edited by IrishStephen; Dec 9, 2017 at 7:12 am Reason: text error