FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-lunch cocktail gone in intercontinental economy
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:53 am
ExpatExp

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
I noted this last month on a day flight JFK-LHR and attributed it to a route peculiarity, but the same happened on today's LHR-JFK — drinks cart and hot meals were rolled up the alley at the same time.
On my daytime JFK-LHR this week (in Y), there was indeed a pre-lunch drink service, and then more drinks with the meal, as usual. I hope this isn't going away!

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
I would certainly prefer airlines who do not employ captains who are so terrified of getting sued over a freak accident that they force passengers to make the choice between a burst bladder, a soiled seat, or making their own uninformed judgment of which of the eight hours when the seat belt sign is on might be safer.
Agreed (though I wouldn't be surprised if it's corporate policy). Passengers on AA are often forced to ignore the "fasten seat belt signs" because the signs are kept illuminated at all times, regardless of the actual weather conditions or any risk (or lack of risk) of dangerous turbulence. It makes it difficult for passengers to know when is a more or less dangerous time to get up, which defeats the purpose of the signs. Really appreciate how BA and CX, for example, usually illuminate the signs only when necessary.