FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking a hotel room for 2 adults and bringing infants
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:27 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ennsy
Hey guys,
Looking for some help with something.
My wife and I are going to Europe next year with 2 kids under 2. When booking hotel rooms we have been searching for tons for 2 adults with crib available. Whenever we search for rooms with 2 adults and 2 kids the prices go way up! Are we allowed to book the room for 2 adults then bring the kids anyways or add them to the reservation later. I find it silly that I need to pay double the price to bring two infants who take up very little room. If one is in the crib and one in the bed with us and the other on the floor on this portable bed cushion we have is that not fine?
We don't want to have to pay double the price because rooms for 2 adults and 2 kids are so much more.
Anyone got any advice or insight?
TIA
Airbnb. If not, there are various hotels in various parts of Europe that may have policies that allow for children under a certain age to be free in the room if no additional bedding is requested/available. Some hotels in Europe have “family rooms” available for booking, but they don’t always show up online for booking even where they do exist.

For those couples with say a pair of 2-years old twins who book a room for 2 adults, it’s usually not a problem at most hotels in Europe even when the people should have been entering their search instructions so as to book the room/rooms for 2 adults+2children. Knowing dozens of couples who have had twins in Europe and traveled extensively (due in large part to generous paid parental leave benefits), the stories of it leading to major problems at check-in time or huge rate increases at check-in are way more the exception than the common outcome when the children are infants/toddlers.

If you call up specific hotels, you may do way better rate-wise than if trying to book a specific hotel online for your kind of circumstance of 2 adults in need of bedding for the adults + additional bedding for the pre-teen children.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 7, 2017 at 11:35 am