FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Delta moving to additive pricing on intl trips with connections?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:48 pm
CaliguyNYC

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Originally Posted by Barbella7
Believe something similar is also happening with US-EU awards. It used to be if the longhaul Delta segment and shorthaul KL/AF segment were combined, it would price at 70K for a low J award. Now, it is pricing at 95K miles.
Yup I played around and a DL flight US-EU at the low 70K that connects to a partner for internal EU flights now prices as additive - 70k+15K=95K and not Low plus low which should give 70k. To me this is a huge change in Skymiles. Especially with metal neutral JV's. You can have flights change from DL to Partner but the redemption price will change dramatically. I fail to see why a partner flight US-EU connect to a EU partner flight prices at 70k but a delta plus a partner flight in EU prices at 95k (meaning additive). Seems they are saying a DL award cannot be mixed with a partner award. They will be additive. So seems like a bigger change than just india (although India redemptions are totally crazy compared to the rest of the world).

Btw in Asia a partner flight SEA-ICN-HKG prices at 95K but DL SEA-ICN to KE OCN-HKG prices at 80k. Makes no sense. The opposite is happening US-EU. Nothing makes any sense