FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Trip Delay Reimbursement (Prestige, Chairman, HHonors, AAdvantage)
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:30 pm
SNA_Flyer

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I booked a ticket IND-DFW-LAX on AA. IND-DFW flight was late (2.5 hours) thus causing a mis-connect at DFW with no later flights that evening to LAX. Had to overnight in DFW and didn't get home until noon the next day, 12 hours later than scheduled. I stayed overnight at a local hotel. I put in a claim with all appropriate documentation for approx $220. Per the Prestige T&C's I should have been reimbursed because the TRIP was delayed over 3 hours. The provider of the travel insurance, Virginia Surety Co, has denied my claim several times after several escalations. They are saying because the first flight was delayed only 2.5 hours, it's under the 3 hours that would trigger the benefit to be paid. Nowhere in the T&C's does it make an exception for this. The terms are very clear (attorney reviewed as well) about defining the TRIP delay on a common carrier, not a single flight. I've involved Citibank and they agree as well, yet these idiots won't budge. I've escalated again with Citibank and am waiting to hear a response from them.

This has really left a bad taste. Virginia Surety seem to be a bunch of scumbags that deny claims outright and hope you go away or give up. They picked the wrong person to try this strategy on.