FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Delta moving to additive pricing on intl trips with connections?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:36 pm
RealHJ

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
So I heard back from Delta. They are saying there is no glitch on US-India awards. So it looks like if you fly only partners it will be one award at 120k. If you fly a mix with a DL flight and a partner flight, it will price additive (meaning two separate awards) at 135K. Really unbelievable and sad (why are 100% partner flights cheaper than Delta + Partner). But they can do what they want to do. At least they made the change in December so I can decide what I will do in 2018. Do I status match or not. And Kudos to DL for responding to me honestly. I appreciate that,
That is likely so if you are getting a DL flight at one of the SkyHigh vs. at the normal award price. At the normal price it should price at through fare, but it will be additive if the DL flight is anything but the normal award price.