FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking a hotel room for 2 adults and bringing infants
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:37 pm
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by ennsy
Hey guys,
Looking for some help with something.
My wife and I are going to Europe next year with 2 kids under 2. When booking hotel rooms we have been searching for tons for 2 adults with crib available. Whenever we search for rooms with 2 adults and 2 kids the prices go way up! Are we allowed to book the room for 2 adults then bring the kids anyways or add them to the reservation later. I find it silly that I need to pay double the price to bring two infants who take up very little room. If one is in the crib and one in the bed with us and the other on the floor on this portable bed cushion we have is that not fine?
We don't want to have to pay double the price because rooms for 2 adults and 2 kids are so much more.
Anyone got any advice or insight?
TIA
Reserving for two adults and then showing up with 2 kids will likely get your reservation cancelled on the spot. Hotels in different countries have widely varying policies on extra people in the room. Some don't charge for kids under 2, some charge all parties equally. If the website raises the price when you add 2 kids, it means the hotel requires you to pay more to stay there with kids. If you find the hotel's rules "silly" stay somewhere else.

Fire regulations also come into play. Many properties are subject to laws governing how many people can stay in a room, and the laws usually don't differentiate between a 30 year old and 2 year old, both count as a person.