FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Refunds Ticket but Refuses to Disclose Where The Money Went
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:09 pm
denuaflier

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Is it possible that the third card was your card that was replaced with one of the other two cards (either expired or for security reasons)? In that case, AMEX should be able to find that refund and apply that to your current card - happened to me with Chase once.

Originally Posted by sbedelman
I recently refunded a full fare Y ticket. There had been several changes and add collects so the refund was split between three Amex cards. Two of them were accounts I hold and are still open and those refunds posted but the third was not. The refund confirmation from UA lists the last four digits of an Amex number for each account and Amex cannot find any account tied to me for the last card so they asked me to provide the full account number that UA credited. I emailed UA Refunds asking for this information and UA ignored the request and replied with the same information as they had previously, the last four digits. I emailed again and they ignored that message entirely. A third email has similarly been ignored.

Amex has opened a dispute but if United refuses to say where they sent my $3,200 it's not clear how Amex is going to be find it.

I've had some real head shakers with UA over the years but this one is in a class by itself. Anybody have a suggestion what to do next?