FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Delta moving to additive pricing on intl trips with connections?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:37 am
CaliguyNYC

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Is Delta moving to additive pricing on intl trips with connections?

So ever since the day that US-Europe low J awards went from 70k to 86k (but now are back to 70k), US-India awards have been all over the place. Coach awards are now 50k from 40k and J awards went from 97.5k to 120k (even when one segment is flown by delta - was the old system where 100% partner was 120k). Also if you fly coach US-Europe and then J from Europe too India, they want 120k even though the low coach is 40k and J EU-India is 65k - so cheaper to just have two awards on one ticket (have no idea why delta is mispricing even these awards.- its cheating in my mind - I have had two awards on one ticket many times). Well today, just to make things weirder, US-Inida now price at 135 when low J is available on Delta US-Europe for 70k and the partner award is available from EU-India for 65k (so 70+65=135 and not the previous 97.5 or 120k). I just want to point out that AA still charges 70k and UA 85k w/partners for US-India (also EU-India on both is 42.5k, DL's old rate, and not 65k).

Which leads me to my question, is this a "glitch" or is Delta going to launch additive pricing when you fly international? I actually sent a question to DL last week about the rise form 97.5k to 120k (just asking if it is a glitch or permanent. I have not heard back.

Before I get slammed, I feel DL can charge what ever they want. I just think changing prices every 6 months is just too much and then the roll out is in pieces, some are glitches, some are real. Who knows. Also why is a J ticket US-India 135k while US-DXB 85k or JFK-SIN (80k or 85k - can't remember). There seems to be no logic.