FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR-(in J)-HEL-(in Y)-TLL, 200TPs, £232 return, inc AY A350
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:52 am
xenole

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
@xenole
If you are still thinking about TLL airport overnight - it is fine. I have done it 3 times without incident.
First time I went landside because I was tamely following everyone else. Several people were camped out there for the night, it was nice and warm and no one official showed any interest. I think the security opened about 4.00am.
2nd time I asked a bemused police lady if it was ok to stay airside and she said yes. 3rd time I didn't bother to ask.
There are some annoying announcements at regular intervals about keeping your luggage with you at all times. Plenty of benches to lie on some of which are softer than others. Didn't try the pods.
Got my Bose earphones so that may cut a bit of noise. Will probably listen to some music or something.
If it turns out to be freakishly warm outside, may take a walk into town, but I'm sure I'll be sitting 4hrs or so in the airport as an experience. Done JFK, SFO and SJU before so hopefully this won't be too bad.

HEL is a nice airport except for a few chokepoints during busy times.
Hopefully no bus gate as usual for the A350. No problems with the HEL-TLL plane - like the novelty of walking outside to it. Makes a change from some of these half mile long walkways.