FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Biggest shock to come?: When maximum peak Honors price ends
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:22 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hurnik
It may or may not (back date)

My GE Synchrony Bank Care Credit card just converted to a Master Card but the 3 CRA all show this a brand new account (date opened does not show 10+ years ago), so there goes one more ding for the Chase 5/24.

Citi/Amex may be different, but don't know until it happens and you check your 3 CRA reports.
There should datapoints on the noAF->Surpass upgrade and how it appears on credit reports already out there somewhere. These upgrades have been available for many years, and Amex stopped backdating every new card early in 2015, so any datapoints about a noAF->Surpass upgrade done mid-2015 onwards should be valid for what happens now. It's just that I don't know where on FT those datapoints would be.

Meanwhile, your post is not clear on what your GE card was and became. Did it convert from one MC to another, or from Visa to MC, or what? You didn't say which network the original card was on, and you didn't saying anything about the card it converted to except that was an MC network card. If it converted from Visa to MC, that's not something that can happen at Amex-the-bank, since Amex-the-bank only issues credit cards on the Amex network, not on any other networks.

So I'm not saying Citi is different (I don't know how Citi reports Visa -> MC changes), but Amex is different in that an Amex card can't possibly change networks, the way cards at many other banks can.

Last edited by sdsearch; Dec 4, 2017 at 5:28 pm