FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Got Back From SFO: What's With Everyones Beef With SFO?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:23 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
SNA -> SFO is my favorite route to get bumped at. It's almost guaranteed around the holidays Last year I flew it three times just to get voluntarily bumped 3 times. This is what I do in my holidays LOL.

Maybe you just caught it at a good time. Like [MENTION=659374]Kacee[/MENTION] said, the UC's are overcrowded since the Polaris club construction. Oh and with winter coming around,
Karl will be making an almost daily appearance along with some rain. Then the magic happens.
Originally Posted by SFHokie
I've had more trouble with Karl during the summer months when trying to fly into SFO from SEA, PDX, LAX, or LAS in the mid-afternoon, when the winds are whipping up strong off the ocean. Most the time those flights seem to get delayed 2-4 hours. If in a place like LAS it's great; lots of options to pass the time. But SEA and PDX and LAX ... not so great.

SFO is a great airport. Could be better if the runways 28L & R were a bit more separated to allow them to operate in parallel during bad weather. Or if BART ran 24/7 into The City.
For any who didn't get the reference (e.g., me):
https://twitter.com/karlthefog