FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So how did AS MP go for fellow 2017 newbies?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:04 am
WillTravel4Food

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I moved to Seattle in 2016 and the switch from AA to AS has served me very well. I matched from AA PLT to AS MVPG, then re-qualified for MVPG by April. I'll make 75K next week with a trip to Boston. The mileage accrual rates have been very nice. I've used some and saved a lot. Finding award seats has been relatively easy and reasonably priced. I was able to get a friend RT TPA-SEA on short notice for 40K miles, and my son o/w BZN-SEA-BOS for 30K with 24 hours notice two days before Thanksgiving. I've no complaints there. Most of my travel has been SEA-<east coast>. I've had one upgrade all year on those routes. My one trip SEA-OKC was upgraded outbound only. So the upgrade success is poor, but really no different than on AA as a PLT. The GGUs are a very nice perk, even though they can be quite difficult to use. I was able to get a RT BNA-SEA for my son for two GGUs and $380, and I used one for myself SEA-BNA for Christmas. But other than that, they've been difficult to use. I'll probably lose one to expiration at the end of the year.

Last edited by WillTravel4Food; Dec 5, 2017 at 8:26 am