FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weird or just plain incorrect things FAs/SDs have said while on board
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:57 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
There's a few things at play here. First, we should be fair to the FA; I'm guessing as a Rouge employee, she's quite young and perhaps hasn't been offered the ancillary training beyond how to serve 200 passengers and then get them out of a burning aircraft. Yes, the general population contains a large & increasing number of people with physical, cognitive or sensory impairments, but universal access and sensitivity training has yet to catch up. To criticize the FA for a depleted arsenal of skills - and summing up her actions to a "Duh" - is not being entirely fair either. Let's remember that she found you - and went out of her way to offer individualized attention - and you were but one of hundreds of customers she saw that day. Being in J and a 75K member has zero relevance; the same treatment is and should be offered to a non-status flier in the last row.

Come to think of it, maybe there is relevance. Attaining 75K implies a lot of flying on AC, and if there's a single notable misstep in all your travel with them, I'd think that would be more indicative of the successes the company and its staff have displayed to date.
I'd almost argue that being E75K would suggest that it's unnecessary to go out of your way to say hi. The same way it's "unnecessary" for me to see the safety video again (to date, I have had them log TWO instances of showing the __wrong seatmap__ in the video when explaining where and how to exit the aircraft - they never believe me until they watch it again for themselves).