FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amangani, Jackson Hole, WY
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:33 am
BESVISOR
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
@bhrubin Nonetheless, glad to hear you guys had a wonderful experience at both Gani and Giri!!! Hope to visit Giri this year....and maybe Jiwo soon as I keep hearing high praise for that property.

Agree with you on the way in which we often do romanticize about things (not just applicable to travels) and may alter expectations/preceptions. Aman Tokyo was an odd experience for us indeed..still don't know if I love it but want to visit again. The service was bit cold but I also wonder if it's due to Aman Tokyo's unique CITY HOTEL environment....making it too difficult to mimic the resort service expectations. However, I suppose that goes back to my point of is it the brand's responsibility to figure out how to deliver consistency? despite 25 rooms, 80 rooms, wages, culture, etc...Either way, the worse of Amans are still better most, in our experience and we will continue to check more off the list. Really invested in seeing how/if Aman NYC is going to change the NYC market in 2020.

Cheers!