FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:55 am
Score8

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I used a suite upgrade for the weekend as I was projecting out that I wouldn't be able to use them. I have one of the X33 rooms. I got the suite assignment like 4/5 days in advance. When I tried to check in at 4pm (pre-checked in at 3pm via the app), my room wasn't ready until 5:30. Only comp was a drink at the bar (I was offered club access, which I think I get anyway as a Platinum.)
The suite is a bit odd, with a bunch of platforms and stuff. Sort of regretting getting a suite, but it's better than having them expire, for sure.
I'm sure it's just the older style, but it strikes me that they could have done with more bathroom space and less platform space. The windows are a bit odd as well as you can't really look out of them as they are up high. There's some natural light, but otherwise no view unless you climb up on a platform to look out (probably not doing the best job of describing this).
One of the things that I thought was super convenient at the Park Tower was that they had a US plug in every room as part of the A/V desk area. Just nice to not have to ask for or buy an adapter.
The hotel is in a great location for people watching, shopping etc. I did want to do the W, but it was priced too high.
Other than the lack of compensation for checking in late, my only real complaint is that the HVAC system is terrible. There's no thermostat, only a dial where you have to guess how hot turning the dial all the way to the right is. Plus it is either on or off, there's no ability to just have the system adjust as necessary.