FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA First Class FA gave me a wrapped Paracetamol/Codeine tablet during a flight
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:44 pm
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by macabus
What would you do?
Short answer

Nothing. I deem it to be a non-event and forget it.

Long answer

1) Don't get so drunk/don't drink so much (even if I hadn't got so drink) that people think I need to be given meds to get over the hangover, or develop the constitution of an ox* that no-one would ever think I'd ever need any meds to get over the hangover as I appear as thought I'd never get such a thing

2) Stay sober enough to worry about the potential consequences if I would think it would be a concern had I been sober

3) Politely decline if I felt that it would be an issue as per 2)

4) Research the item had I chosen to accept it so that I have the accurate information so I do not have unwarranted concerns*

5) If it is not needed, throw it away and forget it within 3 minutes about anything inconsequential

*I have not conducted or seen any scientific research on how ox would react to excessive alcohol consumption and this is merely a figure of speech and not intended as some kind of a hyperbole

** As it happens I am already well aware that paracetamol with codeine is available OTC in many countries including the UK up to a certain strength but I would have politely declined it anyway as I am somewhat allergic to codeine...

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Dec 2, 2017 at 11:20 pm