FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:07 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
A - - C H E A P S K A T E?!?!?!?!?

I'm thrifty, but, not a cheapskate! For an extra $99, I'd get a confirmed UG - The seat is EXACTLY THE SAME AS COACH, with the middle seat blocked. A different meal <arguably better>. I say that the Business Class food on intra-Europe AF/KL flights is weirder. As to not having to worry about whether or not I'll have to pay for a third checked bag - - flyerCO says the checked bag allowance goes by the long haul segment.

Thanx for the info on the Virgin arrivals lounge. I'm gonna do it, for sure! The SkyTeam Lounge in T4 I visited last trip. It's very nice!

I figured the additional tax was correct, just a little disappointed since I'm pretty sure I didn't pay it last time.

I do believe you, flyerCO. You fly A TON! I'd really like a second or third opinion!

Can anyone else chime in as to, when flying:

LHR/AMS - KL Y class
AMS/DTW - DL One
DTW/PIT - DL F

Should I get the KL Y class checked bag allowance of 1 bag + 1 for being STE+, or 2 bags for Delta One TATL + 1 bag for STE+?!?!?

Thanx in advance!
To be clear..

Is this the return portion of a RT? If so it'll slightly change the answer.

Howerever if this is OW, then KL can choose either the policy of the marketing carrier of either 1)the first flight or 2)of the TATL).

Regardless of which (KL or DL) applies they give the allowance for Business since your TATL is in Business.