FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amangani, Jackson Hole, WY
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:57 pm
BESVISOR
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
For some odd reason, I never posted a review of our visit in March....here it is...

Apologies as I'm a bit late on this (only 9 months). We were at Amangani in March and ski season (record 500+inches of snow)...The Suites (all rooms are called suites) weren't impressive (based on our taste), it was fine to sleep in and a great fire place, a terrace you wouldn't use during winter visits. Felt like I was at an upscale summer camp but certainly not a luxury resort. The pool was fantastic. felt great just stepping into it. The hot tub was def. HOT, for me, for most of us, but maybe not for our fellow Flyertalk friend, MacMyDay Food was my biggest issue...I finished my meals but only because I hate wasting food and needed the calories to hibernate till May. GM, Stuart is a great guy and very mild mannered. I saw him often walking around checking up on guests. Even had a booking last week for a client in which I emailed the staff with him on copy and he replied within an hour to help arrange things. I had interesting discussions with staff members about the discrepancies of service between NA and Asia Amans. They agreed that it's difficult for NA Amans to compete with Asia Amans from a service perspective due to the cost of wages and attrition.
Amangani is 15 minutes away from the slopes (FS Jackson Hole is ski in and out) so many view that as a negative (which I can understand) but the elevated location of the resort provides a much superior view as well. Making the pool even more enjoyable.

But overall, we had a great stay and enjoyed chatting with staff while we sat by the wood burning fire place...we aren't skiers (well, I'm not..my wife still reminds me that she's paying for my sins) so we took up dog sledding, which was one of the most fun/memorable experiences we've ever had. Unfortunately, anytime I ponder on the good times, the smell of dog crap also comes charging to my memory...but well worth it, just pull your scarf up to cover nose.

Photos from our visit:
https://www.besvisor.com/amangani/zm...0ue824ounkzoa6