FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (pre 2/1/2022)
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:59 pm
golfr

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I don't think it is so much people buying last minute tickets as people already in F SDC'ing to a flight, especially if the flight is a D1 plane or is at better times. Lots of time I think I'm good as there are lots of seats 2 days out but they disappear steadily and by the time I get to the gate they are gone.

My other datapoint: The only upgrade (Medallion or RUC/GUC) that I've received between LAX and ATL in the past few years was last year on a 6:30am flight the day after Xmas. FC was full (by the seat map) a couple days out but by the time I got to the gate there were plenty of seats. The 5:30am and 6:30am flights are usually cheaper in FC and I'm sure folks bought those and then switched to better flights as they could.
I'm losing faith real fast. I'm traveling at decent hours. I can't do red-eyes anymore. In a matter of hours, 4 more seats disappeared. WOW. other than this route, i have no use for the RUCs. Delta wins again.