FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dreamliner 787-9 / 789: Business (B/E Super Diamond) Seat, Service (master thd)
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:14 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
In response to another poster re the shoulder seat belts on the 789, I wrote this in that thread. In this thread post, I will be including additional comments and photos from my recent flight.

Originally Posted by 24left
Just flew the B789 LAX-AKL. Seat 4A (my personal preference on these aircraft)

Cabin and Biz pod almost identical to the Air Canada 788s and 789s I've been flying for 3 years and the exact same B/E Aerospace seat. However, I think the couple of extra features on the AA version are actually better:

1. AA chose a different seat. It was excellent and did lie flat and my sleep was really nice (2 long segments as I skipped the first meal)
2. AA chose to include storage in the aisle-side arm-rest. Nice touch
3. AA has additional storage in the side table. Nice touch.
4. AA has slightly different outlet positioning in the main side-table storage.
5. I really liked AA's pre-arrival announcements and instructions for NZ etc. informative and nicely done.
6. No other airline I've flown has shoulder seat-belts in this model or other business-class seats. It was a bit weird when I first sat down and I actually had to ask the FA how and the first FA didn't know how so the purser came by and showed both of us. LOL
It was shown in the safety video.

P.S. Excellent ride, actually met 2 of the pilots and they asked me thoughts on the 789, AA vs AC vs the other long-haul aircraft I fly. Very cool.

Side table, IFE and table

Seat and side table

Row A

Really nice package with mattress pad, blanket and pillow

Amenity kit had a cheap feel to it despite the name. Contents as per usual.

Aisle side arm-rest storage.

Excellent mattress pad.

The fluffy stuff

View of the D seats

After 3 years, I am still endlessly amused by the window shade button and the alternate views.

Say again.

My regular routes are North Pacific, so this routing was interesting for me.

Nicely done.

She's a beautiful bird. I can still say that after 50+ flights on the 788s and 789s.