FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (pre 2/1/2022)
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:45 pm
TommyD2

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
In the abstract, the answer to your question is "not necessarily". Presence of the duplicate seat map is a strong indicator that the agent followed all the steps necessary to waitlist the cert correctly. However it is not a required step -- it is possible to clear a waitlisted request even without the duplicate seat map.

So again, as a general rule, duplicate = good, no duplicate = no way to know for sure

I don't know what all the steps are, so while I would think it's a good sign for your outbound given that it cleared at booking, I don't know if "clear at booking + waitlist the other segment" has the same mechanics as "both segments waitlisted at booking."

i.e. if you had waitlisted both at booking, then subsequently cleared one segment, I would be pretty confident the 2nd segment was correctly coded as well. But I'm not sure how strong a conclusion we can draw otherwise.

I'm not sure this response actually helped
Suppose I can just call in and ask - say 'Usually I see a 2nd seat map or something.'

Also, I misspoke (mis-typed): not at booking. I had booked a week ago, I meant to say that the first segment cleared when I called in yesterday to apply 'em.