FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Biggest shock to come?: When maximum peak Honors price ends
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:02 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I don't really care whether they announce it on "social" media, via email, their website, or whatever. I'm saying that if the points caps are ever to go away, I would find it incredibly offensive to me as a regular customer if that happened with zero advance notice.

This year, they changed the nomenclature from categories to "points cap". If that was done as cover to later remove the cap, that's BAD and would cause me to rethink my future stay plans in a big way. Would I boycott HH? Probably not, but I'd be recalibrating how many points per dollar I'd need to earn in order to continue booking paid stays. (Just like I do now with IHG - I hardly ever stay there unless the promotions are very, very good.) Translation: I'd only be booking during things like the 3x promo, meaning it simply takes a bunch of points inflation to keep me around.