FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Méridien Putrajaya, Malaysia [Master Thread]
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:48 am
wantan

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Decided to stay at Le Meridien Putrajaya for a quick 2 nights and cancelled the Sheraton Imperial prior to our departure to Langkawi. This Le Meridien looks quite new and it looks as though it is slightly closer to the airport. We are really only there a full day on a Sunday so thought it would be worth a shot. On the way back through we are staying at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur which seems to have great reviews.
Any feedback on this hotel? How is the Platinum Benefits? We are arriving later in the evening on a Saturday and curious if there is anything near walking distance to go for a drink or something other than the hotel? No biggie if there is not as we will be exhausted after hours on end on flights.
We are landing at approximately 8:00 pm. - What are the best options to getting here. Just cab it or can I try GRAB or UBER at the airport? Probably won't be getting to the hotel till I am guessing 10:00 - 10:30?
Any information would be fantastic.
I know of 3 choices for a drink around 10pm , the hotel lobby bar, Morganfields and Buddies . The latter 2 are in the al fresco part of the mall, about a minute walk from the hotel's front door. Price wise I would think they would be similar since the hotel has been doing a "whole day happy hour" so around RM30 a pint. If you reach earlier, there is a Tesco supermarket in the mall which does stock alcohol (not to be taken for granted in Putrajaya).

Best option for transport from KLIA would be the airport limo. It's coupon based which is bought from designated counters, just remember to ask for a Budget car ...it'll cost around RM75 (Similar to Grab), while Uber is around RM50? But it's hard getting a Grab or Uber to bring you to Putrajaya and you may get drivers asking you to cancel the booking etc. Just don't take the metered taxi's ... these also require a RM2 coupon.