FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC: SAMUI BAAN TALING NGAM RESORT -Thailand
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:56 pm
Eltham

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by Susiew237
I can see there is some debate on the merits of this property. This is on my maybe list for next year (Aug or sept). For those that have been, honest opinion on this for 1 week? Keep the following in mind:

If we go, we would book club level.
we have ambassador membership
I am fussy, and expect a hotel to be absolutely in tip top condition from a maintenance and housekeeping point of view and the food and service to be excellent.
I dont really want to do too much, but will want to get away from the resort on at least 1 day. How to get around, where to go??

If not here, where? We are doing Danang at christmas. We did Bali about 18 mths ago. I dont suppose we are absolutely locked into IC but using a bogo and maybe some points along with a regular booking makes it more affordable.
Note that there is no Club Lounge at the hotel. You would be better off at IC Pattaya or Hua Hin.