FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:23 am
Macaron54

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by bodory
Very true! Although they did a massive cleanup 5 years ago. Most Club 2000 I knew then have been offered Plat for Life instead of the blue card. Also remember that Club 2000 in not only for semi-celebrities, old fashioned TV anchors and heads of CCI in French provinces: it also targeted at travel managers. I am much less familiar with Skipper though even if the concept of aristocracy is less surprising in a kingdom like Netherlands...
It is very possible that AF has been cleaning up its mess, but its Augean stables are huge, and its job is not quite done yet. I am fine with the idea that the airline top-revenue makers who also happen to be deciders and captains of industry be given the Club 2000 (Skipper) Utlimate status — why not? They travel continuously and funnel new customers to the airline. I find it more questionable that aristocrats who travel only very occasionally on the AFKL routes be still pampered by the way they are. It is almost indecent (and a slap to the face of the airline hyper-frequent flyers). But when it comes to indecency, as rightly noted by carnavaron, the airline is second to none.

Macaron54