FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EXP Agent accidentally cancelled companion's BA ticket, who should pay to replace?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:31 pm
policomm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by arollins
Ok, one PNR on original booking and your friend has no status, most likely when reservation was split, did they asked for his email address to send his confirmation details?, if not, then "new" booking may have gone to your email address as well as it was still linked to the original booking info. This is key. Look for this info, and then go back to AA and fight it out. FYI, the same issue can occur with any carrier, the key is to check on the confirmation email afterwards, which you did not, this could have saved time and money.
They did not ask for his email nor did an updated PNR with his info on it make it to my email, just double checked. It's odd that only one leg was cancelled and that he's still ticketed (according to BA in ARN at least) on our LHR-IAD leg tomorrow. I guess we'll find out tomorrow if there's any problems there.

Yeah I know this can happen to any carrier - just super displeased with being blown off today by AA. I definitely could have done a better job double checking email confirmations but I'm doing a couple new bookings a week with AA, and have been for years with basically no problems, so I tend to just ignore the emails. Obviously moving forward I'll be double checking though!

Very much appreciate your thoughts and feedback.