FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EXP Agent accidentally cancelled companion's BA ticket, who should pay to replace?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:58 pm
policomm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by arollins
Was this originally book under one PNR?
When did you make changes to your ARN-LHR ticket?
Did any email confirmation was received indicating the changes? What did it said?
Did any email confirmation was received indicating the cancellation of the return portion of your friends ticket?
At this point, you have no idea on what happened, but it is best to go back to AA and have them look into what occurred on your call.
They were booked under the same record locator but "split" by AA when I changed my itinerary, record locator only shows me.
Made changes to my ARN-LHR ticket on 11/27, departing on 11/28. I moved up to an early morning flight instead of the last one out.
I have email confirmation of my changes but because they split the tickets his confirmation should have been emailed to him. Unfortunately we didn't check and no email ever made it his way - but honestly I rarely check the emails they send me and trust that AA booked what they said they did... which is a habit I guess I need to get out of.

Originally Posted by Madison Guy
Well, for starters, don't YOU have proof the your changes in the form of old and new (exchange) ticket numbers, credit card charges for change fees and the like?
Yupp, copies of all of that. Minus an updated record locator for my companion (see response above) which was a dumb move on my part. BA has him under a new record locator on the original LHR-IAD flight though, so AA did split tickets and rebook him there. I guess they just neglected to include the ARN-LHR segment?