FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EXP Agent accidentally cancelled companion's BA ticket, who should pay to replace?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:15 pm
policomm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
EXP Agent accidentally cancelled companion's BA ticket, who should pay to replace?

I booked IAD-LHR-ARN and back via AA on code share BA flights about a month ago for myself (AA EXP) and a friend (no status). I decided I'd like to move my ARN-LHR return flight earlier, while my companion will stay in Stockholm and take the originally booked later flight, then we would both meet up on the originally booked LHR-IAD return leg.

I call the EXP Line to make this change and pay the change fee. I take my early ARN-LHR flight without incident but when my friend showed up at ARN to take his flight, BA had no ticket under his name and showed that it had been canceled and not rebooked. He called me, and I conferenced in AA, who said they have no record of making any changes to our flights at all.

This was the last flight out for the day and we both need to leave LHR tomorrow so instead of arguing with AA he buys a full price ARN-LHR ticket from BA at the airport, which is obviously not cheap at all.

Between the change fee and new ticket cost it's just under $1000 USD. I emailed AA to get more info on what "no record of changes" means but haven't heard back... Any thoughts on the best approach here?

FWIW - been thinking of moving to Delta for 2018 after 6 years of AA/US Airways so this whole disaster might just push me over the edge regardless of outcome.