FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at LIH
Thread: Cars at LIH
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:50 pm
ginmqi

Thursday at 230pm (Thanksgiving day)
Quite busy as others have noted around this time of day.
Limited selection in the EA/ES aisles. Nissan Altimas, Hyundai Elantras, Nissan Frontier, Ford Escape, and a Subaru wagon, a smaller Chevy SUV and a Ford Fusion IIRC.

The two EA members on the shuttle were called called via radio to the location ahead of time. The other guy had 4 mini vans reserved. I had a Fullsize SUV. Getting there, they had a Suburban LT waiting for me already pulled up. Place was moderately busy and it looked like there was no chance to talk into better selection as there was another guy with a Mustang convertible reservation pulled up behind me. Due to the small lot, I had to get going to prevent delay of incoming cars/passengers

The Suburban LT definitely is a giant of a car, the longer wheelbase is definitely felt over even a GMC Yukon (based on the shorter Tahoe) I drove over on the Big Island, not as easy to manuver around parking spots. Getting a kayak on and off the roof was a nice stretch/exercise.

Coming back and exchanged with a Wrangler on my last day, manager was nice and friendly. Sunday at 2pm - exchanging...basically same selection as thursday except they also had a Ram 1500 as well.

And as has already been posted before, Kauai is an amazing place and certainly scoring a sweet car wasn't on my list of expectations.

I hope to be back soon! Way too much to see and experience at this great place.