FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not true -Delta has indicated to me there will be NO global upgrades to Delta Suites?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:51 am
ryandc99
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by James Schmeling
Flying tomorrow, DCA-DTW-NRT-SIN, requested upgrade with miles, haven't cleared with 9 open seats, not on the waitlist in the app (only two people are so far), and the Delta Diamond line tells me that I'm still waitlisted, that they have no visibility as to where I am on the waitlist since it was with miles, but that I will probably clear at the gate. Hoping it will clear since I'd really like to try the product, but more interested in the upgrade with miles process being seemingly broken, or intentionally not transparent. Paid Premium Select, so I'm already in that class of service, and interestingly the three people on the waitlist are waitlisted for both Premium Select and D1.
I didn't think upgrade with miles went to the gate? my understanding is that only certificates go to the gate request.