FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 master thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:53 am
GinFizz

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JonV
Looks like this has been extended from the 36 hours mentioned, as it seems to still be available?
The ex-China offers are advertised as valid until Nov 30th (and indeed are still available)

Originally Posted by JonV
If I were to do this I would have to start by positioning from KUL, meaning KUL-PVG-KUL-SIN-KUL-PVG-KUL. As far as I know the transit visa on arrival does not allow returning to the same country, but would this particular itinerary be permitted since the final destination is different from the point of origin? Or not permitted because the destination of the first flight into/out of China is KUL in all cases?
Alas this would not work - the Chinese authorities only care about the arrival and departing flights, so something like country1-KUL-PVG-KUL-country2 does not count as an international transit.

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Thnx I saw this.. But it's only 360tp and doesn't get me to icn.. So I thought a sophisticated more legged run might be possible..
I haven't been able to find any way to get a trip including a stay in ICN for less than around 10000 CNY (1500 USD approx). If the goal though is to get 500 TPs for less than 1000 USD then you can *almost* do this with:

PVG - KUL - SIN - KUL - PVG (360 TPs at 3268 CNY (498 USD)
SIN - KUL - PEN - KUL - SIN (160 TPs at 3412 CNY (517 USD)

(total of 1015 USD). Prices and availability as seen using Google flights.