FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Daily Mail again - crew misbehaviour on overnight stops
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
If you put a group of young, high spirited folk in a hotel for a night or two,, why is anyone surprised that some, er, misbehaviour takes place?
The only rule that I remember from my younger pre-marriage days in both the UK and outside the UK, is not to get caught.
I think it's different if you are using your own money, on your own travels. These people are travelling for business and representing the company they work for. And it would be pretty difficult to 'not get caught' running through a hotel lobby naked. Although as you say, BA has to take a large amount of the blame here for allowing such a situation to develop. If they hadn't followed the path of recruiting a lot of young people and sticking them all on a 380 together and sending them away these incidents would probably happen a lot less frequently. Why BA does not integrate the Mixed Fleet crew with the legacy crew I do not know.

There are things I like about MF crews that I often find lacking in the legacy crews - the enthusiasm, excitedness, youth. And there are a lot of things I like about the legacy crews that MF lack - efficiency, maturity, professionalism. IMHO the combination of these attributes would greatly enhance the onboard customer proposition at BA.

I know other threads have discussed why MF and legacy cannot work together - different contracts, T&C's etc. However over the time since MF was launched (six years ago?) BA could have definitely made headway into finding a way for the crews to work together. Also I believe the legacy crew flew with 'temporary crew' just before MF launched and these temporary crew were essentially on the same T&C's of todays MF?