FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deadhead crew boarding as pre-boards?
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:44 pm
NWAFA

Originally Posted by kb9522
I've also seen a large number of crew members, deadheading or otherwise, bringing massively oversized bags on... In particular, I tend to notice when my jacket gets crushed when they try to ram their giant suitcases into the closet. There is absolutely no reason they can't gate check and have their bags brought out to the jetway after everyone deplanes (except for maybe unions ).
Hi there. About oversized luggage. FAs are required to use company approved luggage. Though in some cases, on especially long trips, it’s a larger bag or an extra piece of luggage. At NWA, we had trips up to 12-13 days long. FAs and their luggage travel together. There is no time to check their bags. It’s a simple matter of possibly getting separated from their luggage. Delta FAs are not unionized. This is strictly company policy.

A couple of other things mentioned in the thread. “cutting” in line. It doesn’t look right for a group of uniformed employees waiting at the head of the line in front of passengers. When boarding begins, they are to get on as soon as possible. In the old days, we used to get on board before regular boarding commenced. That’s no longer allowed. That does not mean that they can’t be polite when moving in line to board. The other, you’re right, bringing shopping bags on board. That’s not supposed to happen. If the items don’t fit in the luggage, don’t buy it or ship it home.

Safe Flying

NWA FA