FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:00 pm
amtlax

Hello, a question regarding Trip Interruption on award travel. I have the Sapphire Reserve

We flew to Asia on a different carrier's miles paid for with a different card. Once there, all of our hotels were booked using UR points through their travel portal. Our return flight to the USwas booked via Chase UR points transferred to United Airlines....(Used a total of 160K UR points through Mileage Plus for two business class tickets to get home). Unfortunately, we had a death in the family so ended our trip a week early. We were able to change our flight through UA to a flight 1 week early, and they refunded us the change fee.

My question is, does this count as a trip interruption, since I only used UR points for the return flights? And if so, does it matter that I changed the same ticket to an earlier flight, rather than cancelling and buying new tickets? Obviously, the goal would be to redeem the 160K UR points! I am submitting a claim for the hotels as well

Thank you for your help and advice!