FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Trip Delay Reimbursement (Prestige, Chairman, HHonors, AAdvantage)
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:41 pm
themicah

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Would Citi cover lodging expenses in one's home city if a delayed flight required me to leave the next day? I don't see any prohibition against it, although it might not be considered a reasonable expense, and I could see them denying it.
I don't think they really pay attention to where your "home" is. While most people have a bed that's always available to them at the address where they get their credit card statement, not everybody does, and the credit card company has no way of knowing what your particular situation is. So I'd just follow the usual rules of being "reasonable" and not abusive. It's risky to book a Four Seasons that's an hour from the airport. But if you're rebooked on a 6am flight and crash for a few hours at the Holiday Inn Express that's 5 minutes from the airport, I don't think they'd deny your claim, regardless of whether your home address is in the same metro area.