FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MilesBuzz: Canada
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:52 pm
Calliopeflyer

Originally Posted by mapleg
Yeah, found that out last month. Had not been in No Frills for about 5 years at least, and I was reminded why.

Subpar fruit, crowded aisle. The place is just a mess. Then when I tried to pay with Visa, they gave me a look as if I was from Mars and snorted we don't take Visa.

I seriously felt like telling them to just forget it and put all the stuff back on the shelf then, but managed to restrain myself.

I will never be heading back even if they are selling toonies for a loony.
In my experience, the No Frills store vary hugely based on location -- I know some where I will happily get fresh produce if they are on my way, and others I avoid like the plague. Generally I only go to No Frills stores when they're extra convenient (like if they're right around the corner from work) but I love the PC Points program and frequently shop at Fortinos/RCSS/Loblaws. It's one of the only programs I know of where I get rewards (i.e. money back) for buying real, fresh food......it's easy to find sales and rewards for buying packaged, prepared food, but I don't care about that. I want benefits from buying fresh veggies or quality cheese, not just if I buy high-profit, low-nutrition frozen dinners or bags of chips.