FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dead Sea Resort & Spa {JOR}
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:58 am
Forever in Seattle

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ashkale
Whats up with 2 alcoholic beverages per person as if am gonna drive after that? It seems a nice little ploy to force guests to use the Italian restaurant which as others have commented is good but super pricey. This isnt setting a right tone for lounges.
I stayed here recently on a trip to Jordan. The Lounge is open, but I arrived late at night so can't comment on the 2 drink limit or what food they put out, and restaurant/bars were shut so no comment on that either. But there is a sign at the gate house stating that outside (alcoholic) drinks and food are not allowed, and as all your bags get x-rayed there is a good chance security will catch it - they made a fuss I had scissors and a razor, and had the have the manager to come over and tell the security guard that was perfectly ok....

They offered me breakfast in the lounge or restaurant as a Diamond, and went for the restaurant which was fine but nothing amazing. I thought of staying a second night, but really didn't warm to the place so moved on. They did upgrade me to a balcony room with a view, which was nice at night.