FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:36 am
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by fredc84
You said: "And as far as I know Barclays and USB don't have any such policy at all." Their policy is 24 months open, closed, and not being a current card holder. Whether or not people are getting around it or getting caught by it (and we've seen examples of both) but they definitely have the policy. Just like on the AA Citi thread, both wiki's state the policy and they both note there are or have been exceptions. It would also be a shame (as you said) if someone reads a post and thinks there are no restrictions and then ends up being one of those unlucky enough to get caught by it.
First of all, I said "as far as I know", which was and still is true. Where are these examples of people being denied for these T/Cs? I'm not aware of any, but of course that doesn't mean they don't exist. But on the other hand, maybe the denials were for some other reason, and the CSR misspoke, or the OP was mistaken.

And yes, I should have said, to be technically ultra correct, "Barclays and USB don't enforce any such policy". Happy now?