FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ways to search for upgrade space at booking?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:50 pm
Hipplewm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by eng3
Does it always return all possible routings or is this only the case for SFO-HKG? I thought that .com will sometimes leave out some options for whatever reason.

I do agree that searching one day is relatively easy. When I search for vacation travel, I might want to search over a one or two month period in order to find R inventory aligning to the vacation length. This greats really tedious. Then if I want to try to check every day incase something opens up, it gets ridiculous. Now that UA has messed up something where I can only search about two weeks or so before getting an error message, the task becomes nearly impossible. I'm not sure what UA gains with making R difficult to find. They control the inventory.
This, combined with the fact you can exclude partners on the initial search to weed out all the flights GPU aren't eligible (Yes, i know they are eligible on NH and LH, but if I pay for the fare class they are eligible, I'll just buy business outright) but the second you click on a second date in the search results, you get all the partners back, making that search almost useless again